Thursday 19 April 2012

Skincare Routine * Highly Requested!

Hey guys!

Alot of you have asked for me to share with you my skincare, so this is it.

*DISCLAIMER*
All the products mentioned are in no way sponsored, I used my own money to buy them & have grown to love them through trial and error. Also, these are my opinions on the products, and won't necessarily be the same results you will get. Colours may vary depending on your screen settings.

For reference, my skin type is Oily/Combination.

This is where I store ALL my skincare products that I use daily. I tend to switch up my routine as my skin changes throughout the months, or even when my skin becomes very sensitive & oily due to "that time of the month" ;)

 From left to right: Aqua Label toner, L'Oreal Gentle eye makeup remover, Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ, Vichy Eau Thermal spray, Shiseido eye& lip makeup remover, Biore Makeup removing oil, Trilogy Rosehip oil, JUJU Aquamoist Moisture cream, SkinC Repair Dew, Eucerin DermoPurifyer, Neutrogena dry-touch sunscreen(hidden),Avene Emulsion SPF 50+, Natio Renew Radiance day cream.
Right to Left: Avene Soapless gel cleanser, JUJU Aquamoist lotion. SkinC Deep Sea hydrating mask, Aesop Primrose cream, Bodyshop mattifying day cream, 99% Aloe gel, Origins charcoal mask, Himalaya herbals mud mask.

I also make my own home-made masks sometimes, when i feel like my skin needs to take a break from all these commercials products. I usually make a lemon& yoghurt mask or an oatmeal and honey mask. Depending on the needs of my skin that day. I will probably do a seperate post on how I make these masks and the effectiveness of them. The Aloe Vera gel I have is considered an organic alternative to skincare, and it's extremely potent antioxidants! It's amazing for your skin, especially if you're having troubles with Rosacea or Sun damaged skin. It really is a miracle worker! Any of you who haven't tried it PLEASE DO. I use it to calm inflammation after extractions, and it cools the face considerably, and the bumps and redness greatly subsides overnight. AWESOME RIGHT?!

I recently bought the Avene diacneal treatment that contains Retinaldehyde and Glycolic acid. These two substances combined is suppose to target stubborn blackheads and clogged pores (which is my main focus in skincare) I have yet to try it out, but i hope the results are promising! The sales lady said that it works like a dream, even though there may be a "purging period" where you skin just breaks out like craaaazzzyyy. That is kinda off putting for me, but hey, what's there to lose! If it really works, then you would have found your Holy Grail acne solution. 
 Okay enough blabbering....

DAYTIME ROUTINE:
It's autumn at the moment, but the sun is still a killer & it's really quite hot during the day.
  1. Wash my face with Avene Soapless Gel Cleanser
  2. Dry face with Facial Tissues( VERY IMPORTANT if you have sensitive/acne-prone skin)
  3. Aqua Label Acne Toner all over the face
  4. If i'm wearing makeup, I use the Eucerin Dermopurifyer. Otherwise( Vichy Normaderm)
  5. Another important step is SUNSCREEN! YES! YOU MOST CERTAINLY NEED NEED NEED (I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH) to wear sunscreen. I use Avene Emulsion Sunscreen SPF 50+  Another thing to note, the higher the SPF does not mean the higher amount of protection you get. It just simply means that it offers you a longer protection period. SPF 15-20 only last you about 2 hours in the sun, as opposed to SPF 50+ which allows over 5 hours.
  6. Then i spray with Vichy Eau Thermal water, and i'm done!

NIGHT TIME ROUTINE:

  1. I use Melaluca's cleasing oil ( which is not shown above) to remove all my makeup.
  2. Then, i go back in with Biore oil on a cotton pad to remove any residual eye makeup.
  3. Again, i use Avene cleanser to finish off the cleansing
  4. Pat dry with Facial Tissue
  5. Aqua Label lotion all over
  6. Depending on how my skin feels, I either just use the Tri-Activ all over, or a hydrating mask.
  7. 2 times a week, I use a charcoal, sebum-absorbing mask, to draw out any impurities.
  8. If i have pimples or spots, i use a over the counter BP (Benzoyl Peroxide) on the whole affected area.
  9. Then i spray again with the thermal water & I'm ready for a good night's sleep :)

I hope this post has been informative & helpful to all those of you who are experiencing the same issues as me, or even if you are wanting to try out something new! 


Till next time! xoxo





1 comment:

  1. Friends! I want to share about my scar removal, which is successfully done by Klinik Esthetika which is in Delhi, Klinik Esthetika uses the laser technology to remove the scar and there have no pain when this treatment is start. Klinik Esthetika Remove the acne scar very well.

    ReplyDelete